We spent last weekend taking care of a fevered Oakes and I think that by mid-week last week, he was finally back to himself 100%. Poor guy, it's rough when you are that small and can't articulate exactly what is wrong with you! However, when you are 31, it's much easier to articulate this. And that's a good thing as I've had a nasty little tummy bug all this weekend. We had our school's pancake breakfast Saturday morning and thanks to some pregnancy insomnia, I got up super early (4:45!) and was able to run to our 24 hour Kinkos and print up Oakes' birthday party invites, come home and address envelopes, run to the post office to mail them, then make it to my school's fundraiser. By the end of my shift, I started feeling a little crummy, but sat down to munch on a piece of bacon from Oakes' plate. However, by the time we got home the bug hit me full force and was still with me through Sunday evening. Let's just say that being pregnant and having a tummy bug are 2 things that don't go hand-in-hand very well. Everytime Wren moved, I felt like I was going to have to run back to the bathroom; and of course, she moved a lot this weekend, it seems. I'm on the mend, though...
Stats and Stuff
Okay, now on to my belly shot and appointment update:
Blood Pressure: 122/76
Weight: +1 (total weight gain = +3 pounds)
Heartrate: 168bpm
Dr. Cuellar's first question to me was why I wasn't gaining weight and I honestly think that if I hadn't had this tummy bug this weekend, we'd have seen another 2 pounds or so at least on my weight gain. So there's that to take into consideration. But he wanted to make sure I was eating well (which I am!) and then told me that he was going to reserve the right to do another ultrasound if he felt like my weight gain continued to be under par. I gained a total of about 35 pounds in Oakes' pregnancy (please remember the massive swelling I had...) so this pregnancy has been quite different in that regard. On the side note of swelling, Dr. Cuellar did mention that I was having some slight swelling in my ankles (NOOOOoooooooooo!!!).
My belly is measuring at 29cm and I'm 28 weeks so we're more-or-less on target with that. The baby also seems to be in correct position eventhough she's probably still going to somersault around a bit more. I go back in about 2 weeks for another check-up and we'll get to meet the new doctor in the practice, so I'm a bit excited about that.
I had planned to register at Mission for the birth over the last four weeks but that apparently didn't make my priority list (I think prepping the nursery was a bit more exciting for me) so I'm going to try to do that this week. So that's not something I get my hand slapped for at the next appointment (oh, and also so I don't go into prelabor and have to fill out paperwork between contractions).
Nursery Update
Evan picked out and ordered some artwork for the nursery, but we aren't sure when that's going to arrive and until it does, we aren't hanging anything else on the walls yet. And overall, the rest of the nursery has also been at a standstill. I've been sorting through Oakes' clothes to give away/keep (I'm totally fine with Wren wearing some boy clothes) and that's really been the only thing I've accomplished in there.
| Oakes snuggling "baby" in Wren's crib. |
No comments:
Post a Comment