Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Still here

We're still here -- just a few days over the due date -- but if it means anything, I had some crazy dreams last night that I was having contractions and was going into labor. Really... I woke up multiple times and had to stop and think "Was that part of a dream or am I having a contraction?" Of course, we all know the answer to that: Wren is perfectly happy where she is so it was all just a dream. :)  One thing I could do without? Every person I see saying "No baby yet?" or something along those lines. I smile and answer with humor, but Evan and I are both feeling like we should just wear a sign to school everyday that says: "I'm here, so obviously the baby isn't." haha...

It's funny how much more relaxed I am now that her due date has passed. Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a bit Type A about things and for some reason, having an estimated due date (eventhough I have always been well aware that it was estimated) seemed like a looming deadline hanging over my head. Now that it's passed, I feel relaxed and am very much at peace with the fact that Wren will come whenever she is ready. I'm also feeling less "bothered" by pregnancy symptoms. Yes, I'm still a bit uncomfortable at times but I'm not feeling like I was a few weeks ago -- maybe because I'm trying to savor these last few days of being pregnant.

As far as induction, I'm still not a fan of the idea of being induced, so I'm hoping that she makes her appearance sooner than later; and to be honest, I feel like she just might! Dr. C and I did talk about the possibility of me canceling the induction if I wasn't feeling comfortable doing that, so that's always an option if the 22nd is creeping up on us and I still feel uneasy. I'm positive we'll talk about that at next week's appointment, if needed.

I've been doing lots of research on natural induction methods and have received advice from some others on this as well, so I think that tomorrow afternoon I may run out to the store and buy the teas, etc. that are supposed to help things move along. If they work, great; if not, it can't be the end of the world, right? All of them are healthy and simple options (nothing like castor oil - Lord no!) so it's not like I'm trying anything out of this world.

We'll keep you all posted once the big day arrives. In the meantime, I've been exhausted the past two nights so here it is at 8:15 and I believe I'll be going to bed for the night in just a few minutes. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we try to patiently wait this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment