Monday, January 16, 2012

1 Month Old

We just returned from Wren's one-month well visit. She did fine - aside from a few tears at getting her 2nd dose of HepB - and is growing well:

Weight: 9 pounds 2 ounces (50th percentile)
Height: 22inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 14.5inches (50th percentile)

This makes me conclude the following:
a) Weight: she is eating enough - eventhough at times I feel like she could be eating more and I think that this still holds true but at least I have no reason to be concerned;
b) Height: Evan and I both think they must not have stretched her out completely when they measured her at the hospital as she did have a slight conehead and it's highly doubtful that she would have grown 3 inches in her first month 
c) Head Circumference: she'll be a genius, of course :)

But seriously, it lets us know that she's proportionate, which is always nice.

After the doctor's office, we went downtown to Tops for shoes for Oakes. He's needed a new pair for a while now and when Evan took him to the Stride Rite in the mall last week, we discovered they are closing that store. So now we are members of the Tops Kids' Club (or something like that) where after we buy 12 pairs of shoes, we'll get a pretty nice discount on another pair. And after seeing how much Oakes' feet have grown (he's been wearing a 6.5 for a few months and is now a size 8!!!!), I have a feeling we'll be getting that discount soon! I have to say, there are some seriously cute shoes for girls out there and I am a bit excited about getting some of them for Wren when her time comes.

After hearing Oakes volunteer "I'm not tired" about 3 times on the way home from the shoe store, we hustled upstairs and ate lunch before putting him down for a nap. We also went ahead and took his temperature as he's had a nasty cough for the past 2 days and has been a bit whiney. Yup, little guy had a 100.4 degree temperature which means no playdate this afternoon and hopefully a longer than usual nap. Ugh... At least we will both be home from school tomorrow so if he has to have a sick day then we will be ready!

In other news, we tried a bottle with Wren on Saturday night and weren't too successful. We've come up with a Plan B and will give it another shot in the next day or so. As her doctor said, she'll figure it out sooner or later and until then, we just keep on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment